locked Southern Railway Facilities in Atlanta, Georgia, 1940s-50s

James Walton

Hey all, does anyone have photographs or information on the Southern's yard and engine servicing facilities in Atlanta prior to Inman Yard?

Bill Schafer

2018-1 TIES Magazine has a couple articles on coaling facilities on the Southern, with a focus on Inman Yard, including a general map ca. 1944. Photos too.

—Bill Schafer

On Jun 10, 2022, at 01:47, James Walton <whovianwil@...> wrote:

Hey all, does anyone have photographs or information on the Southern's yard and engine servicing facilities in Atlanta prior to Inman Yard?

Allen Cain

James,

I have attached the Sanborn map of the Pegram shops.  Is this what you are needing?  I have most if not all of the Sanborn maps but locating a specific area is, well, challenging.
--
Allen Cain
Modeling the Southern in 1955 in HO Scale

Allen Cain

James,

I have attached the Key Maps to the Sanborn maps.  If you can tell me which map or which volume might contain what you need I MIGHT be able to send the maps to you.