locked Southern Rolling Stock

James Walton

Does anyone know of any published resources for the Southern's rolling stock? The reprint of the 1953 ORER is fine for numbers of freight cars, but very little else.

Aidrian Bridgeman-Sutton

James,

What are you looking for?  There is no single source foe everything as far as I know, but knowing whether you're looking for paint details, plans or something else might be helpful.

Aidrian

On Fri, 20 Dec 2019, 11:11 am James Walton, <whovianwil@...> wrote:
Does anyone know of any published resources for the Southern's rolling stock? The reprint of the 1953 ORER is fine for numbers of freight cars, but very little else.

George Eichelberger

James:

Are you aware that SRHA has published a three-volume set of SR freight car diagrams plus books on Southern’s 40 and 50 box cars? I suggest you check out the SRHA “Grab” on www.srha.com, TIES magazine also includes articles of Southern rolling stock.

Ike