Water may have blown under roll up doors in TVRM end

Otherwise no apparent damage this end of TVRM

Transformer exploded in my back yard - big bang and shower of sparks
At least have power here at archives

Jim Thurston

To: "main@southernrailway.groups.io" <main@SouthernRailway.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, April 13, 2020 12:03:23 PM
Subject: Re: [SouthernRailway] OC 5 at the unloading site

Tim Andrews tells me a tiny amount of water blew under the door at the archives, otherwise TVRM is okay. The CSX Tyner branch has a washout.

Unfortunately George Walker’s house and E. Brainerd neighborhood was hit by a tornado leaving damage to both.

Ike

PS I posted a request for folks to make donations to TVRM the other day. They are shut down but still have bills to pay.
This may be the time to say, if you are interested in the history of the Southern Railway or helping the largest operating rail museum in the SE, NOW is the time to stop leaving the work to others and go to the TVRM web site and make a donation!

On Apr 13, 2020, at 11:23 AM, Rodney Shu <rodshu@...> wrote:

Wonder if the storms last night damaged anything at TVRM?
Rodney Shu

From: main@SouthernRailway.groups.io <main@SouthernRailway.groups.io> on behalf of George Eichelberger <geichelberger@...>
Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2020 9:17 PM
To: main@southernrailway.groups.io <main@SouthernRailway.groups.io>
Subject: [SouthernRailway] OC 5 at the unloading site

Southern Railway official car No 5 (disguised as NS No 8) arrived at Chattanooga this afternoon. It will be set on trucks tomorrow and moved to the TVRM Soule Shops to be restored as Southern Railway OC No 5. It was converted by the Southern from Pullman “Point Richmond” in 1956.

If anyone wants to help with putting it into service, please contact me or Tim Andrews at TVRM.

Ike

<20200114_174652.jpeg>

Michael Roderick

Jim:

That's good news. We had bad storms in Central Indiana this past Wed. High winds a Tornado. Morrisville, Bargersville, and Franklin, IN had major damage. None of the operating RR in those area's had any damage.

Mike

From: main@SouthernRailway.groups.io <main@SouthernRailway.groups.io> on behalf of Jim Thurston <jthurston@...>
Sent: Monday, April 13, 2020 14:22
To: main@SouthernRailway.groups.io <main@SouthernRailway.groups.io>
Subject: [SouthernRailway] Storm Report Chatt

Archives end of building is dry and undamaged
Water may have blown under roll up doors in TVRM end

Otherwise no apparent damage this end of TVRM

Transformer exploded in my back yard - big bang and shower of sparks
At least have power here at archives

Jim Thurston

To: "main@southernrailway.groups.io" <main@SouthernRailway.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, April 13, 2020 12:03:23 PM
Subject: Re: [SouthernRailway] OC 5 at the unloading site

Tim Andrews tells me a tiny amount of water blew under the door at the archives, otherwise TVRM is okay. The CSX Tyner branch has a washout.

Unfortunately George Walker’s house and E. Brainerd neighborhood was hit by a tornado leaving damage to both.

Ike

PS I posted a request for folks to make donations to TVRM the other day. They are shut down but still have bills to pay.
This may be the time to say, if you are interested in the history of the Southern Railway or helping the largest operating rail museum in the SE, NOW is the time to stop leaving the work to others and go to the TVRM web site and make a donation!

On Apr 13, 2020, at 11:23 AM, Rodney Shu <rodshu@...> wrote:

Wonder if the storms last night damaged anything at TVRM?
Rodney Shu

From: main@SouthernRailway.groups.io <main@SouthernRailway.groups.io> on behalf of George Eichelberger <geichelberger@...>
Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2020 9:17 PM
To: main@southernrailway.groups.io <main@SouthernRailway.groups.io>
Subject: [SouthernRailway] OC 5 at the unloading site

Southern Railway official car No 5 (disguised as NS No 8) arrived at Chattanooga this afternoon. It will be set on trucks tomorrow and moved to the TVRM Soule Shops to be restored as Southern Railway OC No 5. It was converted by the Southern from Pullman “Point Richmond” in 1956.

If anyone wants to help with putting it into service, please contact me or Tim Andrews at TVRM.

Ike

<20200114_174652.jpeg>

mike turner

Jim,

Good news!

Tornado 3am this morning 3 miles down the road from me took out the county's largest employer.

-- 
Mike Turner
MP-Z35

Jim Thurston

Mike:

I'll quit complaining about my power outage

Jim Thurston

To: main@SouthernRailway.groups.io
Sent: Monday, April 13, 2020 3:04:45 PM
Subject: Re: [SouthernRailway] Storm Report Chatt

Jim,

Good news!

Tornado 3am this morning 3 miles down the road from me took out the county's largest employer.

-- 
Mike Turner
MP-Z35