locked Switchstand identification

Paul Schmidt

Hoping someone can help me pinpoint the model number of what I believe is a Racor/Ramapo switchstand. It's seen here in this Ron Flanary photo:  https://www.railpictures.net/photo/538395/

Thank you,

Paul Schmidt
Sequim WA

Matt Bumgarner

There are several like this in NC, cast by Bethlehem Steel from what I remember.

Matt Bumgarner

On Sat, Sep 5, 2020 at 2:44 PM <pschmidt3013@...> wrote:
Hoping someone can help me pinpoint the model number of what I believe is a Racor/Ramapo switchstand. It's seen here in this Ron Flanary photo:  https://www.railpictures.net/photo/538395/

Thank you,

Paul Schmidt
Sequim WA

Paul Schmidt

Thank you, Matt. That Bethelem made them, not Racor, confirms what another member has told me. And that information has since led me to a drawing.
--
Paul Schmidt
Sequim WA

Stephen Warner

Gentlemen,

That is a Rocor stand,with a mid-level target.  As  Ron  can  confirm, IRR also had a high level target just entering Andover yard, called appropriately enough High Target.  I have a mid level  Racor stand now that I have to maintain at SER, and I would much rather have a  Bethlehem New Century stand, since they can be adjusted multiple ways.  Racor, Ramapo, and Weir  stands are all difficult to adjust, since they only have a single eyebolt Underneath that shortens or lengthens the throw, thus eases or increases pressure on the points (do not want gapped points).  To adjust to only one side, one needs to move the No. 1 Tie  Rod  bolt, and moving either the eye bolt or tie rod bolt is a bear if they are frozen, as is  my Racor stand.  I can adjust a NC stand alone in 5”,  but I need a crew and as much as an hour for a Racor.  Yep, that is a Racor, with a walk-a-round throw and I  believe that I  fortunately never had to adjust that one when I was there at Tito in the early 70s.