locked What car does this drawing show?

George Eichelberger

Attached is one of the very few linens in the SRHA collection that does not have a title block or date. It is obviously a box car but the odd strapping on the sides of the car suggests it is a wood side car with bracing on the outside. The drawing date is probably prior to 1920 and it’s a 36’ car so we know it is not all-steel.

Because we have the linen (original drawing) it does not appear to be a proposed design from a car builder. Any ideas?

Ike

Dave Queener

Hey Ike,

I did not get an attachment.

Dave

On 10/1/2021 2:07 PM, George Eichelberger wrote:
Attached is one of the very few linens in the SRHA collection that does not have a title block or date. It is obviously a box car but the odd strapping on the sides of the car suggests it is a wood side car with bracing on the outside. The drawing date is probably prior to 1920 and it’s a 36’ car so we know it is not all-steel.

Because we have the linen (original drawing) it does not appear to be a proposed design from a car builder. Any ideas?

Owner, Cumberland Model Engineering
www.CumberlandModelEngineering.com  (865) 333-5712

Pastor, St. Paul Presbyterian Church
www.StPaulPres.com  (865) 209-5654